Main Page > Setting Information
General information about the setting will be provided here. To start, I’ve added the general “Ten Things” document available to all players that covers basic setting details.
Ten Things about the world of Torog’s Bane
- Civilization is feudal; old empires have crumbled and been reduced to memory.
- Magic is prevalent and little understood.
- The Shadowfell and Feywild are parallel realms that overlap the Material realm.
- Alignments are not set and may not even conform to traditional standards.
- Legends and myths are often true, but corrupted and/or embellished.
- Items tied to heroic deeds, persons, or legends become magical artifacts.
- Mortals can ascend to godhood or (more often) pseudo-godhood.
- The gods often go by different names, different forms, and different alignments based on culture or belief.
- The Supernals and Primordials are in a state of cold war.
- The universe is shaped like the interior of a sphere with the material plane a flat plane at its center.